Pages

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

10 Tips for Tapping Into Your Inner Muse

As I wrote in my InnerGoddess newsletter last week: There are several approaches you can take (to begin writing your life story), even if you don't consider yourself a "writer"... Herewith are 10 tips for tapping into your inner muse.

1. Write a short story about yourself in the third person, making yourself the heroine of the amazing adventure that has been your life so far;

2. Write short journal entries before you go to sleep every night, focussing on the "best thing that happened to me today";

3. Release any residual pain surrounding old injuries by rewriting the story with a new outcome;

4. Start a gratitude journal and record every little thing that makes you go mmmmmm;

5. Keep lists and add to them at random times during the day – the list of “things that go unnoticed”, for example, or “songs that remind me of a time and a place”;

6. Declare war… against clutter. Keep your desk clean and your space sacred. Same goes for your writing – there is as much satisfaction to be found in simplicity as there is in resolving complexity.

7. This is a tip from my next book, The Goddess Diet (TheGoddessDiet.com): Manifest your Natural Healer – Sit and look into the mirror as though having a conversation with the person in the reflection. Actually have a conversation with that person via ESP.

8. This tip comes from MyGoddessCreed.com: Just like you'd develop a business plan … you might also see your Self as a self-contained and prosperous entity. Brainstorm such questions as: What do I stand for? What makes me happy? What makes me feel fulfilled? Where are my perfections? What strengths do I have to share? And so on. Think of your questions and answers as personal "rules of engagement" for becoming goddess.

9 Use affirmations regularly and with conviction. There are heaps of ideas to get you started at http://www.affirmationscentral.com/

10. This tip comes from OfficialGoddess.com: Say Yeeee-haaaaaaaaaaaa… a lot. Screaming “yeeee-haaaaaaaaaaa” (Dukes of Hazzard style), helps lubricate your voice so that words can flow easier. It also helps get your car across impossible crevices and over unruly crates.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is awesome Anita! Love Tip #3 and have used it before, and Tip #6 is how I try to live every aspect of my life. I have to; my husband's a pack rat. I prefer the "Woo-hoo!" to the whole Dukes of Hazzard thing, but you're right on.

Enjoy your tour!

Cheryl

igoddess.com said...

Thanks Cheryl :-)

Have you said "woo-hooo" yet today? Try it - it really does work!!!

(The louder the better, naturally, he he)

Love love love,
Anita
Goddess.com.au

Anonymous said...

While you are thinking about your perception of your classroom then you might not know all the fun you will have in the classroom period. http://www.re-write.org/ to know about the quality of writing.