Pages

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

10 Tips for Tapping Into Your Inner Muse

As I wrote in my InnerGoddess newsletter last week: There are several approaches you can take (to begin writing your life story), even if you don't consider yourself a "writer"... Herewith are 10 tips for tapping into your inner muse.

1. Write a short story about yourself in the third person, making yourself the heroine of the amazing adventure that has been your life so far;

2. Write short journal entries before you go to sleep every night, focussing on the "best thing that happened to me today";

3. Release any residual pain surrounding old injuries by rewriting the story with a new outcome;

4. Start a gratitude journal and record every little thing that makes you go mmmmmm;

5. Keep lists and add to them at random times during the day – the list of “things that go unnoticed”, for example, or “songs that remind me of a time and a place”;

6. Declare war… against clutter. Keep your desk clean and your space sacred. Same goes for your writing – there is as much satisfaction to be found in simplicity as there is in resolving complexity.

7. This is a tip from my next book, The Goddess Diet (TheGoddessDiet.com): Manifest your Natural Healer – Sit and look into the mirror as though having a conversation with the person in the reflection. Actually have a conversation with that person via ESP.

8. This tip comes from MyGoddessCreed.com: Just like you'd develop a business plan … you might also see your Self as a self-contained and prosperous entity. Brainstorm such questions as: What do I stand for? What makes me happy? What makes me feel fulfilled? Where are my perfections? What strengths do I have to share? And so on. Think of your questions and answers as personal "rules of engagement" for becoming goddess.

9 Use affirmations regularly and with conviction. There are heaps of ideas to get you started at http://www.affirmationscentral.com/

10. This tip comes from OfficialGoddess.com: Say Yeeee-haaaaaaaaaaaa… a lot. Screaming “yeeee-haaaaaaaaaaa” (Dukes of Hazzard style), helps lubricate your voice so that words can flow easier. It also helps get your car across impossible crevices and over unruly crates.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is awesome Anita! Love Tip #3 and have used it before, and Tip #6 is how I try to live every aspect of my life. I have to; my husband's a pack rat. I prefer the "Woo-hoo!" to the whole Dukes of Hazzard thing, but you're right on.

Enjoy your tour!

Cheryl

Anita said...

Thanks Cheryl :-)

Have you said "woo-hooo" yet today? Try it - it really does work!!!

(The louder the better, naturally, he he)

Love love love,
Anita
Goddess.com.au