Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Scribble, Scream, Repeat.

I’m supposed to tell you about writing. Well guess what here’s a treat for you. I don’t know all that much about writing. Can I give you the secret that will unlock bottomless troves of publishing treasure and might? No. Can I bequeath you the location locked in your mind that will reveal all of your full fledged characters? No.

I am a writer, just like you. I get the same rejection letters you do. I struggle to put pen to paper just like you do. I even beat my head against the keyboard into the wee hours of the night, just the same as you. So what could I possibly have to say that’s of any use? How about this?

I’m still doing it.

After years of ridicule growing up, medical mayhem, a family, and general random insanity. I am still at it. That’s what it takes. The majority of people out there “want to write a book.” It’s not that unique of a dream.

What is unique is the fact that you’re here. Your reading this trying to improve your writing. And you know what? You just might. There are any number of ways to improve your writing. Probably the most hyped and least practiced is this. Just write! When it comes down to it the only way to actually get better is to sit down and bang out those words.

And keep at it. Whether it’s every day or every week or every month. Write regularly and as frequently as you can. That’s the thing that will eventually get you published. If you keep trying to learn and keep putting it down on paper, sooner or later you’ll get that all important acceptance letter. And then the next. ;-)

3 comments:

sherry heidelberger-blackburn said...

Oh Wolf, very nice post. You cannot be more right! Well said! And thanks.

Nagin said...

You are living in this world of imagination. So keep calm and enjoy the real face of this life in a better way. See the link of check it and find the best blog archives for the better structure. You can get the better treatment here for the weaving imaginations.

Anonymous said...

The ersbook has some problem which I have heard from some of people and this is why I am here to read this article about it. click to read to get more ideas on the thesis, research and term papers writing.