Pages

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Where does the time go?

When I began my blog, I titled it The Life of a Wife, Mother, and Aspiring Author. I'm not sure which role is more exciting or demanding. Sometimes it's being a wife--making sure my domestically challenged husband has freshly ironed shirts for work, a nice filling lunch every day in his bag, and a clean house to come home to. But other times it's motherhood. Just this week, I've learned that my son is planning to move out at the end of the month. I worry about him since he has pretty much written off college and has some unrealistic picture of what he and his girlfriend can accomplish on their combined salaries. And don't even get me started on my strong-willed five-year-old daughter.

But lately, it's writing that seems to demand the most attention. Well, not my own writing--the writing of others. I've turned my blog into a place to connect authors and prospective readers. Every month I interview at least two authors in the hopes that the readers of my blog will find something interesting and pick up a book from one of these talented people.

Every once in a while though, I ask myself where the time to enjoy life went. My days are a mix of mothering, trying to accomplish enough writing related stuff to make me believe I am a writer, and playing Susie homemaker. There are days that I feel like the mother who brought her newborn home from the hospital, and then made the mistake of blinking too quickly and finds he has graduated from college.

So, this is just my friendly little reminder to all of us, to take the time to get off the roller coaster known as daily life and experience what is truly important--the love of friends and family, the beauty of nature, and the joy of a simple smile.

Cheryl

No comments: