Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

You Are More Than Enough by Judi Moreo


I am more than enough!!!

I've often gotten discouraged with self-help or motivational books because they excite me to the possiblitied then offer no advice or strategies I can easily apply to my situation.

Not so with Judi. I've had the privilege of emailing Judi several times and she's a wonderful, sweet, and caring woman. That attitude comes through clearly in her book and the Achievement Journal which goes along with it.

Now, I'll admit I haven't finished the book yet but I am so taken with it. At the end of each chapter are thought provoking exercises leading to self-examination and another step toward the goals and dreams in our lives. Also, there are affirmations to get us started on the path.

The Achievement Journal is also filled with wonderful affirmations, one for each day. I have to admit, when I thought "journal" I thought something like a spiral notebook we used in school. But this is something I'd be proud to take anywhere with me and show off.

There's been a lot said about "positive self-talk" and visualization and there have even been studies of those who use these techniques to improve themselves and their performance. So, I decided to give it a try.

While I was alone Saturday, I rounded up my tape recorder, a 90 minute tape and read each of the affirmations in You Are More Than Enough, into the recorder. I then read each daily affirmation and finished up by repeating the affirmations from the book. That gave me right at 45 minutes of positve, uplifting self-talk.

Since I made this tape, I've listened to it right before falling asleep for three nights and once during each day. So, only six times. But, that's over four hours of me telling myself things like; I am more than enough, I let go of my fear and step out of my comfort zone, I am strong and creative, I believe in me, and I was created for success.

Have you any idea how powerful it is to have you tell yourself these things? I didn't. But even after just six times listening to this tape, I find myself more positive, more at peace with myself and more focused on my goals and dreams.

Just this morning, I was thinking about something and started in with the negative self-talk. I caught myself before I even finished the thought and changed it to a positive.

I want to encourage each of you to go to Judi's website. Read some of her posted articles, get to know her. Then take the first step toward reaching your goals and dreams by ordering You Are More Than Enough and the Achievement Journal. You won't regret it:-)

I am more than enough!!! And so are you.

No comments: